This chapter is about how to implement your tax advocacy strategy effectively. It looks at different activities you can undertake as part of your overall strategy.
The chapter provides guidance, top tips and tools to help you effectively:
- raise awareness of your chosen tax issue
- lobby and negotiate, including putting your positions to decision-makers in writing
- use the media
- campaign on tax
- engage corporates on tax.
Depending on what approach you are adopting to your tax advocacy, you can pick and choose which of the above activities work for your context.
The interaction pages provide suggestions for group activities:
- Drafting policy recommendations
- Delivering your key messages verbally
- A lobbying role-play to practise how to be an effective lobbyist
- Practising doing a radio interview
- Developing a campaign slogan.